Friday 15 June 2012


 It is no secret that I am a huge fan of Lotta Jansdotter. Her simplistic , fresh, Scandinavian style ticks all boxes as far as I am concerned.
She shook the world when her first line Echo for Windham fabrics hit our shelves last year and I am predicting an even bigger world shake up when her next line Bella arrives in August.


I was lucky enough to be sent a charm pack of Bella and let me tell you, it sure has the wow factor. I am going to stick my neck out here and say I may actually prefer it to Echo.

Maybe it's the colour combos that Bella comes in or may it's that the patterns aren't quite as bold individually so work really well when adding to projects.


Because a charm pack isn't the biggest pack on the block I had to team it with other fabrics and because I wanted to showcase Bella in all it's glory i decided to team it with coordinating solids (in this case some lovely Klona cottons), rather than any other prints.






I split the charm pack up into 2 groups and used the orange and cobalt blue pieces in this quilt, saving the greys, yellow and turquoise for my second project which you can see a glimpse of in the bottom photo below.



Again, trying to keep it simple, I backed my Bella quilt in a denim coloured cotton and bound it in my new orange stripe fabric, which actually was born from a desire for an orange stripe to bind it with!
I for one can not wait for this line to be released and having had a play with a few precious pieces I am very excited about having more to really go for it with.



If you want to read more about this line and how Lotta creates her designs go for an informative read here.

And watch this space for what I am doing with the other pieces...



8 comments:

Sil said...

Las telas son realmente espectaculares! Te felicito por la elección.
:-)

Sil said...

Tus telas son realmente espectaculares. Te felicito por tu elección!
:-)

Polly @JAKandGEEGEE said...

I am having serious quilt envy reading this! Love the orange and blue and can't wait to see the next project :)

Cherie said...

Those quilt colours just sing to me! I love that colour combo. The fabrics and the quilt are awesome! =D

Paravent said...

It is gorgeous! You've done a fabulous job there Karen :) Kx

Kirsten said...

This is so lovely - the orange and denim go so well together.

Helen said...

Hi Karen, this makes my little tote project look very tiny compared to all your lovely projects! Love Lotta's work and your prints are looking super fine these days!
Helen x

poppyart said...

beautiful colour combinations - really successful mixing.