Friday 30 March 2012

I had been starting to think about the quilt I want to make for the Siblings Together project and then a lovely fabric fairy came along and offered me a very generous proposition.

Kate really wanted to be involved but knew that she personally wouldn't be able to manage to make a quilt at this time and asked if she could donate me a bundle to make mine from...well, duh!

I felt like a kid in a sweetie shop...given full reign to choose whatever I fancied. After being completely overwhelmed by choice (aka that kid in that sweetie shop) I narrowed it down to 2 selections and finally decided on this one.
What do you think?


I'm still not a hundred percentage sure on the design of the quilt that I will do, but when I have these beauties in front of me I will probably have more of an idea.

A couple of these fabrics aren't here in the UK yet (ooh I can not wait for Summersville and FMF) so that gives me time to ponder and dwell, by which time I'll be itching to get going and sew all these lovelies together.

It seems like there is a lot of activity and enthusiasm going on with quilts for Siblings Together and I know Kate and myself are thrilled to be able to do our bit.

Go check out the group to see what's going on...

4 comments:

Lynne (Lily's Quilts) said...

Ooooh lovely and a big fat thank you to Kate too. Cant wait to see what you do with these.

{Leila}Where the Orchids Grow said...

Love the fabrics you chose, it will be an amazing quilt!!

**nicke... said...

i love the colors and patterns! great choices!

Nicky said...

Nice! Are a few of your own going into the mix too?