Thursday 25 March 2010

I know it seems like I'm always buying fabric, but I actually don't think I have for quite a few weeks now...and in my book that's quite some time. I think I've been so busy at looking at wallpaper, paint colours and prints for the walls, that my fabric stash has got a bit neglected. Sad, but true.

Fortunately I've put all that to rights this week with just a small little shop at Saints and Pinners, one of my favourite on-line British fabric stores. I was driven by the need for a fabric to back Ruby's quilt. I've been coveting this Dolce Deco Fans for a while and think it will work beautifully with the fabrics we have picked for the top. Fortunately Ruby agrees.

This stunning Barefoot Roses is such a gorgeous duck egg/grey colour that I couldn't resist throwing it in the basket. You can never have enough dots in your stash. I'm not sure yet if I'm going to incorporate it in Ruby's quilt, but I'm not too worried about it being saved for other projects if I don't. It's going to be a useful little number. The little black dress of the fabric stash.

Final purchase was this beautiful Voile from the new Anna Maria Horner Collection. Another recent covet that I succombed too. I just bought a fat quarter as it's quite expensive, but I think I'll be going straight back for more. The stunning vibrant colours are what you expect from Anna Maria's fabrics and the weight is akin to Liberty Tana Lawn. Feeling it is tactile heaven. This has leapt into one of my all time favourite fabrics.

Ruby took one look at it and gasped in delight at the thought of it going into her quilt. No, my darling, this one is not for you...

8 comments:

Kylie said...

Yum! Love the deco-design one in particular :) What a gorgeous collection - I'm off to have a look right now :) Kx

One Flew Over said...

EEEEKKK!!! Stash envy!

Stephanie said...

I can't wait to see the result!!! A pretty shopping.

Amy Prior said...

hello! I love the shell shapes in the diamond shapes its a nice deco mix. Might be dangerous but I'll have to follow your link and checkout the shop- thanks!

Lynne said...

A brilliant name for a shop!

myBearpaw said...

Love those 'hot' pink and orange colours together! Makes me want to go fabric shopping right now...

茂一 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
silverpebble said...

Oof my word, I have just noticed that aqua berry fabric design in your header - stunning - could you tell me what it is? Many thanks x