Friday 29 May 2009

Cushion Developments

It's been half-term this week, which is always a juggling act between doing work thet must be done, work that I'd like to get done and looking after and being with the children. Basically, nothing really gets done on any of the scores and if we get through the week all still friends then it's been a successful one.

Today was penned in to be a definite work day. Matthew has taken the day off and taken the children to Newby Hall, which is one of their favourite places. If only I'd clicked on the website today to check directions, openning times, anything, I would have seen they were having a Craft & Food Fair today. How could I miss that??

So, I'm back home and they are off in the sunshine. The least I can do is make sure it is a productive one.
I haven't done much work this week, but what I have done is finish the 3 boys' cushions. What do you think? They are going to be for sale as is, but also be available in a kit form for you to have a go yourself. All contents (except pad) and instructions to make exactly what you see. What d'ya reckon? Fancy having a go?

I can't decide which is my favourite. I'm quite partial to the Giraffe. He's rather cute.

I really must tackle my To Do list now, but next week I'll be cracking on with making the girls' versions. They are all ready in my head, just have to have the time to get them done.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

very very cute cushions - I am rather fond of the giraffe too!

Christina said...

oh my gosh i LOVE these! really, they're great.

Sabine, La Marquise des anges said...

how sweet Karen ..; I just can't name a favorite. they are all great . I love the colors too ...can't wait to see the gril version ...let me think ... a turtle ? or a butterfly :) ???

One Flew Over said...

These are fantastic Karen! Very inspiring!!

Anonymous said...

I *love* the giraffe one - it's fab. As a cack-handed cutter and sewer I can only admire your talent!

Unknown said...

These are so cool - I love them! I just found your blog and I'm following you to see what other neat things you do :)

Anonymous said...

oh, these are the sweetest little pillows.